Translate

Tax The Bastards or Cease to Exist!

 

I made the mistake of reading an article titled "How The Super Rich Do Disney" before bed last night and couldn't sleep a wink; I kept waking up wondering, "Why do they need their own private Disney Land?" Isn't ours good enough for them? 

 

I am not sure why it bothered me so much, but it did.  I mean, I've learned to accept the facts that they don't go to the same prisons as we do for committing the same crimes we do, nor do they drive on the same roads as we do by building expensive tollways that lead to their gated communities... but a private f*(king Disney Land?   

Here are the details:  the secret Disney Experience cost around $33,000.00 a day, and is based on the travels of Mr. Walt Disney himself.  Yes, the sexist, racist Walt Disney, just ask Meryl Streep; but then, what white guy wasn't a racist in 1952?  And get this, they were allowed alcohol too from the beginning which wasn't available to the rest of us until until 2019.

Now, the reason this fact kept me up last night wasn't that they have this privilege, but that it is more proof that they are setting up a private world for after the bottom falls out of the economy for the rest of us; and trust me, it will.  Every economist not being paid by Fox News or Citi-Bank Consortium knows that the rich can't continue owning 99% of the wealth while the rest of us quibble over the measly 1% that trickles out their excesses in the form of a luxury tax.  The system is designed to fail.  And instead of preventing this from happening by giving up a portion of their wealth -- which will never happen -- they are willing to let the world around them crash while they watch in comfort from behind the scenes.  

Shit, I've told you before about their private space program to fly them away to their luxury space stations when it gets really bad.  What do you think cryptocurrency is really about?  Cryptocurrency is a place to keep their money safe from the rest of us when they start their own 1% government.  It's not a Republican/Democrat thing.  It's not a white/black thing. It is the rich keeping us down.  Period. 

Wake up, tax the bastard or cease to exist.  Even Jesus knew this when he said, "Give to Caesar What Is Caesars."  Jesus knew without the rich paying their share, society would fail.  

Enough said, tax the bastards or cease to exist.

   

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

 And, in case you missed it, here's some words I wrote regarding December 12th a few years ago. 

 

 
 
Guglielmo Marconi



On this day in 1901, Italian physicist and radio pioneer Guglielmo Marconi succeeds in sending the first radio transmission across the Atlantic Ocean, disproving detractors who told him then the curvature of Earth would limit transmission to 200 miles or less.  The message--simply the Morse code for s-- traveled more than 2,000 miles from Poldhu in Cornwall, England, to Newfoundland, Canada.  That successful endeavor aroused widespread interest in Marconi and his wireless company and won him worldwide fame.


Mae West
 
A few years after that on this day in 1937, sex symbol Mae West was invited to perform her usual shtick of purring enticements and double entendres on radio's Chase & Sanborn Hour, a weekly variety show broadcast on Sunday nights.  Playing a seductive Eve in one sketch, and flirting with ventriloquist Edgar Bergen's wooden sidekick, Charlie McCarthy, in another, the sultry actress delivered as bawdily as might be expected.  At one point, for example, she reminded the puppet that he had already kissed her in her apartment.  "I got marks to prove it," she said.  "An' splinters, too."

NBC had approved the script, but when a coordinated protest by the Legion of Decency and other morality Christian groups erupted, the network immediately disowned the star and declared her an "unfit radio personality."  n a spineless attempt to shift the blame, network executives claimed West took the script they had found acceptable to unexpected levels of indecency by the way she delivered her lines.  Subsequently, even the mention of her name was banned on NBC radio.  Fortunately, there were more reasonable observers, like the Chicago Daily News, which excoriated the network's cowardice in an editorial:

"NBC and the commercial sponsors of the program knew Mae West.  They knew her technique.  They'd heard her and seen her.  They coached her in rehearsals.  But when the public protests swamped them they pretended they had Mae all mixed up with Mary Pickford or Shirley Temple."



 

Comparing Louis XIV with Donald Trump.

  I'm not one to make a mountain out of a molehill, but I have to wonder about the Sun.  According to a CNN Science article, &qu...

Thanks For Being!

Thanks For Being!