Sick and tired? Fed up? Run for president. The more the merrier.
"Me thinks you protest too much," The other-side says and we're left feeling less adequate because we're liberals.
FDR's plan, before the gods took him back because progress was threatening their rule, was right for today. They will call it Socialism. It isn't. And if it is, so what. Here it is in outline:
- The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;
- The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;
- The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;
- The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
- The right of every family to a decent home;
- The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
- The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;
- The right to a good education.
That's not socialism folks. It's decency.
I Heart FDR!