Warning: Don't Eat Slugs!

The mother of an Australian rugby player who was paralyzed after swallowing a slug on a dare is fighting back after the government significantly cut his benefits for medical care.
Sam Ballard, then 19, ate a garden slug at a 2010 party that everyone at first thought was harmless, but later caused the teen to become paralyzed and unable to communicate or care for himself, the Herald Sun reports.

The slug carried a rare infection called angiostrongyliasis, also known as rat lungworm. Slugs acquire the parasite when they ingest feces from already-infected rats, the CDC reports.
The agency even notes that some "have gotten infected by swallowing snails/slugs 'on a dare.'"
The infection caused Ballard to fall into a coma for over a year, according to the Herald Sun.

No comments:

Mars is Earth in a few years under Greedy Capitalism... there, I said it.

I've tried to tell you over and over that there are no accidents, the world is where it is because of the war between good and evil.  An...

Thanks For Being!

Thanks For Being!